photo

photo

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

up to date!

We have had a busy month of August so far.  And with the school year fast approaching, I decided to post some highlights for the whole month so I won't be behind in posting kindergarten pictures.

Becky took swimming lessons in June and again in August. She loved them and did great.  On the last day, we got to go watch her show off some of her skills.

 Of course, on the last day, they get to go down the water slide too.  So much fun! 
Becky did great this summer at the pool.  She went down the slide by herself serveral times and even got really good at jumping in and swimming to the side all by herself.  Good thing her dad and her had a lot of time to spend at the pool and practice!


play date with some girls from preschool

Becky got to go to Adventureland three times this summer!  She went once with her dad by herself, we all went as a family, and she and I went too.  Here are Al and Becky waiting for her favorite ride,the Galleon. 

 riding the dragons
 Colby got a good nap in.
 on the ferris wheel

Here is Colby at 11 months.  So hard to believe he will soon be one!  He is so much fun right now.
 Always up to something

Here is one of the cooler evenings spent at a park
 Colby in the swing
 taking little brother down the slide

We got out the car so Colby could play with it and start to work on his walking.  He's still a little unsteady, but he loves to play with it anyway.  He really likes it when Becky puts him on it and pulls him around the house making car noises.
 Walking behind the car - getting a little too far away.  Pretty sure he fell right after I took this picture.
 There he goes again.  He was grinning from ear to ear.
 Becky's third trip to Adventureland.
 We met Sarah and Emma there.
 the girls on the airplanes
 and the frog hopper
 Becky on her beautiful horse.  She had to walk all the way around the carousel to find this special one!
 Emma tuckered out around 5, so they left.  Becky and I closed the park down at 10!  We rode the Outlaw roller coaster two different times, each 3 times in a row.  We also rode the Tornado roller coaster two different times.  (I just had to put my arm around her so she wasn't scared.  Who knew? ) I have bruises on my legs to prove it!  We rode many other rides twice in a row as well.  Most of the time you didn't even have to get off!  We had so much fun.  I don't know how many years I can ride rides like we did, but I'm hopeful it's for years to come because there were hardly any lines and we had a BLAST!  Here is Becky all ready for bed with the monkey she won when she beat me in the horse race.
And now I am officially up to date and will try to post pictures on Thursday of Becky's first day of kindergarten.  We had her open house at her school tonight.  She is very excited to go to school.  After a small mix up with Becky not being on the roster at the Walnut Street School because Monroe had called them and told them to release her, they had a spot for her. Thank goodness I didn't have to cry (too much) because I was so mad, and everything will be fine come Thursday.  Hard to believe my little girl is going to be going to kindergarten!

No comments: